TEACHERS: SCROLL DOWN FOR EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT INFO!
THE SHASHI RAMU LOW BRASS/TROMBONE STUDIO 2023
647 825 7476 firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY TAKE PRIVATE LESSONS?:
Lessons focus on various concepts – and are tailored individually to each student!
- Warm-ups & Tone development, range, articulation, reading & ear training, stylistic variation and precision, self-assessment
- Solo and small ensemble repertoire preparation and performance
- Classical/romantic/21st century genres, jazz and popular idioms - Royal Conservatory of Music repertoire/studies/exam preparation
- University/College preparatory training including Orchestral Excerpts and/or jazz improvisation
- Comprehensive Musicianship and Musical Excellence!
Lesson content and home practice/assignments are designed to supplement (and compliment) school repertoire and assessment, and will assist in achieving rapid progress in the student's school band program and with their other musical goals.
LESSON PLANS/ITINERARIES/PRACTICING: -
First lesson will outline goals, timelines, lesson dates/schedule, and performance opportunities
- Time (45 or 60 minutes) is spent divided, differing weekly based on mutually agreed upon goals
- All take-home practice assignments will be emailed including recommended daily practice time allotments and any interactive parent/home helper material (if applicable)
EMAIL FOR DETAILED RATE AND PAYMENT INFO:
-Monthly Payment, prior to first lesson of each month is accepted via Interac Etransfer. A monthly Invoice is sent prior to the start of each month and is due upon receipt.
-All rates include free lesson plan/dictation books, copied start up exercises and materials until books and originals are decided upon.
- After first lesson, a cost breakdown/list will be provided for all study/method books and repertoire based on the student’s level and performance/practice goals.
SCHEDULING/AVAILABILITY (As of Sept 2023):
-please email for available times/slots - Either at your home, or at my home studio (Etobicoke-Lakeshore)
**Also teaching Online via ZOOM and/or hybrid (some live/some virtual)
Originally from Winnipeg, MB, Shashi Ramu celebrates his 36th year playing (and 25th year teaching) the trombone in 2023 and would like to invite you to join his studio ! A graduate of the University of Manitoba Music program, with lessons/time spent between Los Angeles, Winnipeg , and Toronto - Shashi has learned from some of the best teachers in the business!
Shashi has devoted his life to supporting music education – both instrumental music teachers and their students. From 2000- 2009, between Winnipeg and his current home, Toronto, Shashi served as Education Department Manager, Store Manager, Product Consultant, and Instrumental Music Buyer for Long and McQuade Music. In 2011, Shashi joined the Board of Directors of the Ontario Strings Association, where he served as Chair of the OSA’s Annual Conference for teachers. Shashi's most recent role in the industry was the Institutional Sales and Marketing Director for Harknett Music in Markham, where he was splitting his focus between performance repertoire sales & consulting for the Ontario school market, instrument sales, and digital media & event marketing and promotion.
Currently, Shashi also sits on the board of directors of the Ontario Band Association in the roles of Director for the Small Ensemble and Golden Horseshoe Music Festivals.
EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT FOR BAND TEACHERS
In 2023, As things steer towards the "old normal"! ...I am HERE for you as a clinician/guest speaker!
*call or email me for more information, videos, samples of past engagements
My menu/briefcase includes:
*Talking/presenting on the Music Industry, Careers in Music and alternatives to teaching
*Trombone and Low Brass (zoom/meet/teams) Breakout sessions with technique demonstrations
*Board events/virtual (zoom) Repertoire Analysis, Teaching Music Through Repertoire, Programming
*Full Band/Ensemble Clinician and Adjudicator/pre-performance preparation
*Low Brass Sectional Coach
*Trombone sectionals with a focus on building routines, fundamentals, reflective warm ups and practicing, and sound production
*Band Repertoire and Program Consultant
*Instrument demonstration, startup and first sounds
*Live Teacher events, symposiums, conferences: Band Repertoire Programming, Teaching Band Literature